We all want to be healthy and live a quality life. Here are 10 foundational basics to have a healthy body and mind.
- Eat a healthy diet of whole organic foods. Avoid foods that you are sensitive and/or allergic to.
- Drink plenty of clean/alkaline water. You can put some lemon juice or apple cider vinegar in your water.
- Manage your stress (sleep, healthy diet, exercise, Emotional Freedom Technique ..)
- Exercise regularly. Don’t start an intense exercise program if your body is not up to it. Otherwise you give up. Start within your ability and gradually increase the intensity, length of time. The key point is consistency. Exercising five times a week for thirty minutes is much beneficial for your body than three times a week for an hour. If necessary, start with fifteen minutes and increase gradually.
- Eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruits. If they do not appeal you all that much, find a raw cafe and try their food. Their salads, desserts (made from raw nuts and fruits) are delicious, you will see.
- Get plenty of sleep. If you can not sleep well, try to find out the reason. Your body may be trying to give you a sign. Are you taking too much caffeine, do you have thyroid problem, too much stress etc.
- Get safe and appropriate sun exposure to optimize your vitamin D. If the weather where you live doesn’t permit, you can have your vitamin D levels tested and have supplement if needed.
- Optimize insulin* and leptin* levels through minimizing your sugar, processed food and grain carbohydrates and replacing them with healthy fats such as butter, animal fat, coconut oil, avocados, seeds and nuts.
- Limit exposure to toxins of all kinds (food, air, cleaning chemicals..).
- Consume healthy fats and avoid processed fats like nearly all commercial vegetable seed oils that are high in omega-6 fats.
While we are trying to change our lifestyle to have a healthier life, it is important to be happy, not under too much stress. I know from myself that, if i try to change a lot of things at once, it stresses me out, i become unhappy and i give it all up . So try to change your habits (if you need to) to have above mentioned basics by doing one at a time; start with one and add one more every week. If one of them is harder to adjust, wait till you get used to it and than add a new one.
My mom always says:
‘Stressing out/ worrying/ being unhappy is much worse for your body than what you have (health issue) or do (ex: eat unhealthy).
*For more information please see these titles in HEALTH TIPS section.