Hello everyone :)
I know a lot of you is waiting for this recipe. Sorry, it took few days for me to share the recipe with you.
It is a very rich, (hazel)nutty, not too big, dense, moist cake. First I cut it in 6 pieces but eating just half of it was good, satisfying for me. This is a good thing, because I can freeze the rest and eat later in the week. I always freeze my extra cakes ex; Chocolate Almond Cake , Spiced Apple Cake etc and they all still taste great.
1 +1/2 cups ground hazelnut
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch Himalayan salt
5 tbs maple syrup
3 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
6 tbs cacao
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tsp or more orange zest
– Preheat oven 350F
– Put parchment paper on 9″ baking pan, pyrex.
– You need three bowls. In the first one, mix boiling water, cacao, vanilla, maple syrup, orange zest. Let cool on the side.
In the second bowl, mix ground hazelnut, salt and baking soda.
In the third bowl, mix egg and coconut oil until creamy.
– Mix first and third mixtures and add the second mixture. It will not be a thick mixture.
– Pour mixture in your pan, bake for 40-45 minutes.
– Decorate with raspberries when cool downs a little bit.
I could not find hazelnut meal so I ground hazelnuts myself. They were not fine like meal or flour, more like grainy texture.
I think vanilla ice cream would go great with this cake.
I could not wait and ate warm, I loved it. Actually, because of the coconut oil, it is best to eat it room temp or warm.
I used frozen raspberries and put them when the cake was warm.
Do not bake too much, it will harden. It will be moist in the middle.