This cake is my first grain free cake recipe and my husband & I loved it.
When we first stopped eating grain and sugar, after 10 days, I thought I can make something with a grain free flour and maple syrup. As you can imagine, after ten days, having a delicious, guilt free, soft-fluffy cake like this was heaven.
If you check out my Chocolate Hazelnut Cake you will see ingredients are almost same but the texture and taste is totally different. Actually I also tried this recipe with cashew meal and again great cake with different characteristics. And each one has different toppings. For instance, this almond cake is served with caramel sauce but of course no sugar and totally different ingredients.
1 +1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch Himalayan salt
5 tbs maple syrup
3 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
6 tbs cacao
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
– Preheat oven 350F
– Put parchment paper on 9″ baking pan, pyrex.
– You need three bowls. In the first one, mix boiling water, cacao, vanilla, maple syrup, orange zest. Let cool on the side.
In the second bowl, mix ground hazelnut, salt and baking soda.
In the third bowl, mix egg and coconut oil until creamy.
– Mix first and third mixtures and add the second mixture. It will not be a thick mixture.
– Pour mixture in your pan, bake for 40-45 minutes.
Serve with the sauce.
– I did this recipe without following the above mentioned instructions, it did not turn out as fluffy as it is supposed to.
– There is no cup measurement for tahinni sauce because the sweetness is totally up to your taste, and water is to make it a little bit runny to spread/pour over the cake.