Bağışıklık Sistemini Güçlendiren Besinler:
- Meyvalar: Elma, portakal, limon, kivi, yaban mersini, ahududu, karaböğürtlen, çilek, greyfurt
- Sebzeler: Biber, brokoli, ıspanak, domates, karnıbahar, koyu yeşil yapraklı yeşillik ve sebzeler, sarımsak, soğan
- Yemişler: Badem, ceviz, antepfıstığı, fındık, Brezilya fındığı (Kavrulmamış ya da taze kavrulmuşunu tavsiye ederim)
- Proteinler: Otla beslenen sığır eti, deniz (çiftlikte yetişmemiş) balıkları, serbest gezinen tavuk eti ve yumurtası, yoğurt, baklagiller, kemik suyu
- Tohumlar: Keten tohumu, ayçekirdeği, chia tohumu
- Tam Tahıllar: Bulgur, kinoa, kahverengi pirinç, yulaf, arpa, karabuğday (Gluten alerjisi ya da hassasiyeti olanların gluten içeren tahıllar kullanmamasını tavsiye ederim. Eğer genel olarak tahılların hazmı zor ise ve kan şekerinizi negatif etkiliyorsa yemenizi tavsiye etmem.)
- Yağlar: Zeytinyağı, avokado yağı, katıksız fındık yağı, hindistan cevizi yağı, otla beslenen inek sütünden yapılan tereyağı veya ghee denen içindeki laktoz alınmış saf tereyağı
- C vitamini içeren besinler
- Beta karoten besinler: Havuç, tatlı patates
- Probiyotik besinler: Lahana turşusu ve diğer fermente edilmiş sebze turşuları, kefir, yoğurt, kombucha, doğal elma sirkesi
- Prebiyotik besinler:sarımsak, soğan, turp, pırasa, kuşkonmaz, yer elması, domates
Bağışıklık Sistemini Güçlendiren Yaşam Tarzı Değişiklikleri:
- Egzersiz ( Lütfen linkteki 9. maddeyi okuyun)
- Stres yönetimi ( Lütfen linkteki 4. maddeyi okuyun)
- Uyku ( Lütfen linkteki 8. maddeyi okuyun)
- Alkol tüketiminin azaltılması
- Şeker ve Rafine Nişasta tüketiminin azaltılması
- Mikrobiomu desteklemek için fermente gıda tüketimi ( Lütfen linkteki 6. maddeyi okuyun)
- Yeterli sıvı tüketimi
- Yeterli Protein tüketimi
Bağışıklık Sistemini Güçlendiren Bitkisel Takviye ve Baharatlar:
Zeytin yaprağı ekstresi
- Greyfurt çekirdeği ekstresi
- Kara mürver şurubu/ ekstresi
- Astragalus kökü
- Ginseng (Jinseng)
Bağışıklık Sistemini Güçlendiren Çaylar ve Diğer İçecekler:
- Çay (Siyah, Yeşil, Hint fesleğeni =Tulsi)
- Kambucha (Kambuça)
Bağışıklık Sistemini Güçlendiren Takviyeler (Supplements):
- D vitamini
- C vitamini
- A vitamini
- NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine):
Bağışıklık sistemini kuvvetlendiren bitkisel takviyeler, çaylar ve diğer takviyeleri (supplements) kullanırken iki hafta kullandıktan sonra biraz ara vermek ve yeniden başlamak bazı kaynaklar tarafından tavsiye ediliyor.
Eğer hamileyseniz veya her hangi bir ilaç kullanıyorsanız, bağışıklık sistemini kuvvetlendiren bitkisel takviyeler, çaylar ve diğer takviyeleri (supplements) kullanırken diğer aldığınız ilaçlar ile olan etkileşimine dikkat edip doktor kontrolünde alınmasını tavsiye ederim. Örnek; Kan sulandırıcı ilaç, aspirin ve iltihap önleyici ilaç kullanan hastaların zencefil tüketiminde dikkatli olması gerekir, çünkü zencefilin de kan sulandırı özelliği var.
When i say ‘simple’ in my title, i refer to basic ingredients in the food that we consume. Simple ingredients, simple food. For example; I only need flour, cocoa, butter, sugar, baking powder for my chocolate cake, no need for coloring, flavoring etc. This ‘simple food’ will provide me keep my current health and even get healthier.
I am trying to eat healthy, organic food for the last ten years. As a person who loves junk food (chips and salsa, cookies, ice cream etc. ), i tried to eat them organic so it would not be harmful ( i thought). I am not talking about REAL JUNK food which is all FAST FOOD items in the market. But unfortunately lately i realized that even though i get organic and always check the ingredient list, it does not necessarily mean that they are not harmful for me. I am sorry to tell this but this is the truth. It took me ten years to realize and understand the importance of this. And i wanted to share it with you.
We already know that in ingredient list there are ‘spices, natural flavors or artificial flavors’ terms that we do not know what they are. Most artificial flavorings are derived from petroleum. Natural flavors are chemicals. Spices, we do not know which ones they are using. Are we allergic to any of those spices? I knew this for a long time and deciding which product i want according to this. But, now, i have another question. DO THEY LIST ALL THE INGREDIENTS OF THE PRODUCT? If yes, why my store-bought bread which only has simple ingredients does not go bad in a week even though i leave it on the counter top? I experienced this both with regular wheat bread and Gluten-free millet bread. Isn’t it odd?
I heard if it is under some percentage they do not have to list it. Also, if the product is processed with something and then washed off, that ingredient does not need to be listed in the ingredients. Especially when its amount is under some percentage again. How right is this? We are still consuming those chemicals or whatever they are.
Besides the ‘spices, natural flavors or artificial flavors’ that we do not know what they are, now unlisted ingredients. I read somewhere that ‘Many artificial flavors are made using amyl acetate. It may cause nervous system depression, indigestion, chest pain, headaches, fatigue, and irritate the mucus membranes.’ i believe the unlisted ingredients might have the same NEGATIVE and may be more NEGATIVE effects on us too. I remembered McDonald’s french fries. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnvzLU1I1o
Well, enough about all this sad news. My real purpose to tell you about this is actually we do not need them. WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN FOOD AT HOME. Our own bread with basic, simple ingredients (flour, salt, water, yeast-sometimes you don’t even need this); our cookies, pastries; desserts etc. I am not talking about our dishes such as soup, salad, main dishes as meat or vegetarian. We should have already started doing these. I am talking about baking now. Believe me it is not hard. I know it from first hand.
I just started making my own breads and pastries/desserts at home. I must confess i was purchasing them from organic store but i do not trust them any more, plus it is my new hobby. I love eating and cooking. I just added baking to my kitchen experience now. I can not explain with words how much it is a great pleasure for me to eat and feed with these 100% healthy, know-what-it-really-has-in-it, somehow not making me bloat or gain weight dishes. I am also having a great time looking for recipes, changing few things according to my taste and present it. While i am doing my research i come across with wonderful recipe sites or blogs that i enjoy reading.
If i can do this, you can do it too ( if you really care about what you eat). I will write about my latest, easy, simple recipes; pita bread, chocolate lava cake and spiced quinoa pilaf in the recipe section.
Today, I would like to finish my writing with a quote :
‘The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine OR the slowest form of poison.’
We all want to be healthy and live a quality life. Here are 10 foundational basics to have a healthy body and mind.
- Eat a healthy diet of whole organic foods. Avoid foods that you are sensitive and/or allergic to.
- Drink plenty of clean/alkaline water. You can put some lemon juice or apple cider vinegar in your water.
- Manage your stress (sleep, healthy diet, exercise, Emotional Freedom Technique ..)
- Exercise regularly. Don’t start an intense exercise program if your body is not up to it. Otherwise you give up. Start within your ability and gradually increase the intensity, length of time. The key point is consistency. Exercising five times a week for thirty minutes is much beneficial for your body than three times a week for an hour. If necessary, start with fifteen minutes and increase gradually.
- Eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruits. If they do not appeal you all that much, find a raw cafe and try their food. Their salads, desserts (made from raw nuts and fruits) are delicious, you will see.
- Get plenty of sleep. If you can not sleep well, try to find out the reason. Your body may be trying to give you a sign. Are you taking too much caffeine, do you have thyroid problem, too much stress etc.
- Get safe and appropriate sun exposure to optimize your vitamin D. If the weather where you live doesn’t permit, you can have your vitamin D levels tested and have supplement if needed.
- Optimize insulin* and leptin* levels through minimizing your sugar, processed food and grain carbohydrates and replacing them with healthy fats such as butter, animal fat, coconut oil, avocados, seeds and nuts.
- Limit exposure to toxins of all kinds (food, air, cleaning chemicals..).
- Consume healthy fats and avoid processed fats like nearly all commercial vegetable seed oils that are high in omega-6 fats.
While we are trying to change our lifestyle to have a healthier life, it is important to be happy, not under too much stress. I know from myself that, if i try to change a lot of things at once, it stresses me out, i become unhappy and i give it all up . So try to change your habits (if you need to) to have above mentioned basics by doing one at a time; start with one and add one more every week. If one of them is harder to adjust, wait till you get used to it and than add a new one.
My mom always says:
‘Stressing out/ worrying/ being unhappy is much worse for your body than what you have (health issue) or do (ex: eat unhealthy).
*For more information please see these titles in HEALTH TIPS section.